A tummy tuck is a surgical process through which the surgeon tightens the abdomen, skin, tissues, and muscles to make your preferred body shape. Since a tummy tuck is a complicated cosmetic surgery, patients are worried about its results, cost, and the surgeon who will do it.
In Iran, thousands of successful plastic surgeries are done annually. Numerous foreigners do their cosmetic surgeries -including abdominoplasty- in Iran to benefit from the country’s affordable healthcare services, excellent facilities as well as the experience of distinguished surgeons.
If you intend to do a tummy tuck in Iran, read the following article to know more about this surgery and contact us to get a consultation on prices and more detailed information.
What Is Tummy Tuck?
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is a plastic surgery through which the excess fat and skin are removed from the abdomen. This surgery is often used to tighten the abdominal muscles and walls that have been loosened due to childbirth, excessive weight loss, or genetic and hereditary reasons. Abdominoplasty is performed in different ways, and depending on the extent of the surgery, it can take 1 to 5 hours.
Why Is Iran the Best Choice for Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck is a relatively complex and expensive surgery that professional surgeons should do in an advanced, high-quality hospital. As you may know, Iran is well-known for its skilled cosmetic surgeons and unbeatable prices; that’s why numerous people do their cosmetic surgeries -including tummy tucks- in Iran.
In Iran, you can benefit from the experience of the best tummy tuck surgeons worldwide and use healthcare services at a reasonable price. Also, following the government’s policy towards medical tourism, tummy tuck surgeons in Iran use advanced technologies and equipment in hospitals and clinics. All these factors have made Iran the best country for doing abdominoplasty surgery.
Cost of Tummy Tuck in Iran
The cost of a tummy tuck in Iran varies according to the doctor's experience, type of surgery, hospital, etc., so the exact cost cannot be determined. In general, the cost of an average tummy tuck in Iran in 2023 varies from $1,800 to $5,500. This price includes almost everything you need to have surgery in Iran, such as accommodation, transfer, etc.
Different Types of Tummy Tucks Done in Iran
Standard or Full Tummy Tuck
A full tummy tuck is used for people who have serious problems. In this method, the pelvis and genital area of the patient are incised. Then, the liposuction surgery is performed on the skin of the abdomen and buttocks to change the shape of the abdomen's tissue, skin, and muscles. For this reason, the position of the belly button may be slightly shifted so that the excess abdominal tissue can be evacuated from the drainage tubes for several days.
Mini Tummy Tuck
The mini tummy tuck is more suitable for people with abdominal fat and can be performed with the help of an endoscope. In this procedure, which usually takes about 2 hours, a smaller incision is made compared to the full abdominoplasty. Also, in this method, the excess skin and fat under the abdomen are removed from the muscular fascia without changing the position of the belly button.
Extended Tummy Tuck
If, in addition to a sagging abdomen, there is loose skin on the flank area, abdominoplasty can be performed with liposuction. This method is known as an extended tummy tuck. In this method, in addition to removing 100 cm2 of loose skin (in combined abdominoplasty), it is possible to remove pelvic fat, which gives a better shape to the patient's body.
The Best Candidates for Tummy Tuck Surgery
In Iran, various abdomen surgeries for beauty are practiced to reduce extra fat and skin; however, a tummy tuck is only used for a specific group of patients. This surgery is suitable for people with the following conditions:
- Having a constant weight;
- Being a non-smoker;
- Being ashamed of the appearance of the belly and having a severe desire to change it;
- Loss of skin elasticity due to aging;
- Having perfect health, which means not having heart disease, diabetes, or asthma;
- Having had the experience of pregnancy and multiple deliveries and having no intention of getting pregnant again.
Tummy Tuck Surgeons in Iran
Iranian tummy tuck surgeons are mostly world-renowned for their knowledge, skill, decency, and accuracy. Many cosmetic surgeons in Iran have graduated from top universities in Iran and other countries, and some are engaged in both teaching and doing surgical operations. Moreover, some experienced tummy tuck surgeons in Iran are members of Iran and the USA Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeons.
Since Iran has the highest rate of cosmetic procedures, its abdominoplasty surgeons are very experienced and well aware-of each surgery's risks, benefits, and results.
So, you can ease your mind by consulting the best tummy tuck surgeons in Iran and having excellent cosmetic surgery to have your dream body.
How Should I Prepare for Abdominoplasty Surgery in Iran?
Consulting with a specialist to be aware of the results and possible complications of abdominoplasty is one of the essential pre-surgery tasks you should do in Iran. For example, the doctor may ask you to quit smoking and stop using blood thinners such as aspirin for better results.
The Process of Tummy Tuck Surgery in Iran
In a tummy tuck, after anesthesia, an incision is made from the hip joint to the top of the pubic bone, and another incision is made around the navel to remove excess skin and fat.
Removing extra fat, stretching the abdominal skin, and repairing weakened muscles will help shrink the abdomen. After removing excess skin and fat with the help of liposuction, a drainage tube is inserted to drain secretions and fluids.
Side Effects of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Although the patient can prevent the possible side effects of a tummy tuck by following the doctor's instructions, sometimes these complications appear severe, so you must know the side effects of abdominoplasty before doing it.
The possible side effects of a tummy tuck include:
- Nerve damage;
- Heavy bleeding;
- Apparent asymmetry in the abdomen;
- Hematoma in 3 to 4% of cases;
- Accumulation of dischargeable fluid under the skin;
- Prolonged anesthesia or side effects of anesthesia;
- Infection -treatable with antibiotics and drainage;
- Blood clots -treatable by walking after surgery;
- Excessive skin loss and delay in the healing process;
- Occurrence of skin necrosis, especially in smokers. This problem can only be solved by doing another surgery to replace the dead skin with new skin;
- Pulmonary embolism and heart attack due to being inactive for the first three weeks or 72 hours after surgery, especially in patients with major surgeries.
What Should I do After Tummy Tuck Surgery in Iran?
- Avoid lifting heavy objects;
- Reduce salt intake up to two weeks after the tummy tuck surgery;
- Eat fruit, especially pineapple, as well as fish and shrimp;
- Wear loose clothes to avoid damaging the dressing;
- Use painkillers under the supervision of a doctor to reduce the pain in the first three days after the surgery;
- Sleep and rest - but not on the abdomen- up to 2 weeks after surgery. While sleeping, you should raise your head about 30 to 40 degrees and fold your legs into your abdomen.
For more information on do’s and don’ts after a tummy tuck, read Tummy Tuck Recovery.
Contact us for a free initial consultation about tummy tuck in IranWhatsAppTelegramFacebookEmail
Frequently Asked Questions about Tummy Tuck in Iran
1. Is doing tummy tuck in Iran safe?
Just like any other surgery, a tummy tuck has some risks. These include bleeding, infection, and complications from anesthesia. In general, doing tummy tucks in Iran is safe and convenient.
2. Will there be much pain after abdominoplasty surgery in Iran?
If you intend to do an abdominoplasty in Iran, you should be prepared for one or two months of recovery. During recovery, you may experience moderate pain, which can be reduced by using painkillers.
3. How much does a tummy tuck cost in Iran?
The cost of tummy tuck in Iran depends on various factors such as the hospital you are staying at, your surgeon's experience, the type of surgery, etc. The average cost of a tummy tuck in Iran is $ 3,500.
4. How long does it take for a tummy tuck to look good?
Most of the swelling will resolve one month after the surgery; usually, the patients will see the tummy tuck results within 6 to 12 weeks.
5. How should I prepare for a tummy tuck in Iran?
- Consult a specialist in Iran;
- Get medical evaluation;
- Stop smoking;
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements since they can increase bleeding; and
- A month before doing abdominoplasty, start taking a high-protein diet and continue this diet for a few weeks after your surgery.